Happy Wine Wednesday! Cooking with wine can really elevate a dish. Whether cooking with it or just simply pairing a wine with your meal. In this case we are cooking with it! I marinated these pork chops for at least 30 minutes before cooking them, this will help add extra flavor. I used my cast iron skillet to sear both sides of the pork chops as well. If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, a stainless steel oven-safe pan will work as well. 🙂 BUT! If you have been debating on getting a cast iron skillet I would HIGHLY suggest going for it! It gives a much more even heat distribution, which leads to a more consist cook on your food! The red wine sauce is so simple to make and only takes about 10 minutes! Just the right amount of time while your pork chops rest! 🙂 Enjoy!!
- (4) 1 inch thick boneless pork chops.
- (1-1/2) Cups Apple Cider Vinegar.
- (1) tablespoon minced garlic.
- (1-1/2) cups of All-Purpose Flour.
- (1) Tablespoon Dijon Mustard.
- (2) cups Sweet Red Wine (You may use any red wine you like. REMEMBER: Only cook with what you would drink!)
- Cayenne Pepper.
- (2)Tablespoons Granulated Sugar.
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- 2 Tablespoons of Coconut oil or Olive oil.
- Wash and pat dry pork chops.
- In a (1) gallon zip lock bag pour apple cider vinegar, 1/2 tablespoon of minced garlic, and Dijon mustard.
- Place dried pork chops in the bag and close shut, make sure all air is out of the bag.
- Marinate at room-temp for 30 minutes. If you would like to marinate longer that is great! Just make sure to bring to room temp for 30 minutes before cooking. This will help get a consistent cook throughout the chop.
- Pour yourself a glass of wine!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place pork-chops on a plate and sprinkle with salt, pepper, sugar, Italian seasoning and cayenne pepper. As much or as little as you wish.
- Line a large baking dish with aluminum foil and spread 1 cup of flour evenly across it. Place Pork Chops in the dish onto flour.
- Cover with remaining 1/2 cup of flour.
- In a cast iron skillet or stainless steel oven safe pan, heat coconut oil or olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Shake off excess flour and place pork chops in skillet.
- Cook for 4-5 min per side or until golden brown.
- Place skillet in oven for 10 minutes.
- Place cooked Pork Chops on a plate to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- In the same pan you cooked Pork Chops in pour wine and use a spatula to scrap off the bottom of your skillet.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of minced garlic, salt & pepper to taste and some Italian seasoning.
- Bring to boil and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon over top of Pork Chops and Enjoy! 🙂
These go perfect with my Herb-Roasted Potatoes.
Click the “Follow” button in the lower right hand corner of this page to get updates on our posts!
Also like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter & Instagram 🙂
Have a great Day! ❤