It’s been years since we’ve lived in the south. But, I still talk about Charleston and the food of Charleston often. I miss it so much and can’t wait to go back to visit. One of my favorite appetizers from Charleston was southern style Deviled Eggs. Before living there I didn’t know they were even a thing. So I decided to put my own spin on them and we’ll, they are amazing. I made these a few weeks ago for the Mcgregor vs Mayweather fight, and they went quickly.
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup diced baby sweet dill pickles
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced baby sweet dill pickles, to garnish
- Smoked paprika, to garnish
- Slice hard boiled eggs in half and place yolk in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mash up egg yolks. Add mayo, mustard, diced pickles, vinegar, garlic powder, and salt & pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Place filling into a zip lock bag and cut the edge, slowly pipe mixture into hard boiled eggs. Garnish with a sliced pickle and smoked paprika.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
Click the ‘follow’ button in the lower right hand corner of this page!
Also, don’t forget to follow me on twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!