Here we go!
Am I the only one obsessed with quinoa? There is so much you can do with it! Eating quinoa plain is so boring! Let’s spice things up and make some quinoa fritters! My mouth is still watering just thinking about them. They are simple too make and the Sriracha sauce on top just make it even better!
- 1- 1/2 to 2 cups zucchini (grated dried with a paper towel)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 to 1 cup quinoa (depending on how many you want to make. I used 1 cup and made about 8 to 12 fritters.)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic (this equals about two cloves of garlic)
- 1 1/2 cup grated Italian cheese blend (or more if you’d like more gooey fritters)
- 1 cup Italian seasoned Panko crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil (olive oil will work great too)
- 1/2 cup mayo (sour cream or plain greek yogurt will do if you are not a mayo fan)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- Cook quinoa as directed.
- Once quinoa is cooked, remove from heat, fluff with a fork and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix zucchini, egg, garlic, seasonings, panic crumbs, cheese and cooled quinoa.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste and mix until well combined.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and add coconut oil.
- Shape quinoa mixture in desired size patties, flatten slightly.
- Place patty in skillet and cook about 4-5 minutes or until golden brown on each side.
- Place patties on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve with Sriracha sauce or by itself!
- In a small bowl combine Mayo with the Sriracha. You can add less or more Sriracha depending on how much you like heat.
- Spoon onto Quinoa Fritters
If you enjoy our posts please click the follow button on the button in the lower right-hand corner of this page! It would mean so much to us ❤
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter & Facebook @blushandbasil or subscribe here to be updated when we post!
One Comment Add yours
These look amazing! I can’t wait to try them!