I always enjoy creating new recipes. These are one of my favorites that I have made! The creaminess of the cream cheese along with the sausage and crunchiness of the breadcrumbs! DELICIOUS! My husband was very impressed and didn’t want to stop eating them.
Perfect for an appetizer at a party or even for Christmas dinner! 🙂
- 1 Package of Baby Portabella Mushrooms
- 1 Package Ground Italian Sausage (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 Package of Cream Cheese (brought to room temp)
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan- Romano Cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned Panko Bread crumbs
- 1/2 white one (chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon of minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Pepper to taste
- Cayenne to top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash mushrooms and dispose of the steam. Pat dry with paper towel and set aside.
- Cook sausage in a medium sided pan. Once cooked, drain and set aside to cool. In the same pan cook onions for 2 minutes, add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Remove from heat. Add sausage, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and butter. Mix until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Spoon mixture into mushrooms and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle top with pepper, cayenne pepper, and more breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Or until golden brown.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Click the “Follow” button in the lower right hand corner of this page to receive updates on my posts!