With the biggest football game of the season coming up I really wanted to come up with some new appetizers to make for Superbowl Sunday. Jalapeño poppers are always a good party food. So I wanted to add another ingredient to them to add another layer of flavor. Sausage is something that pairs really well with cream cheese I feel. You also want something that doesn’t take awhile to make when making finger foods. These are minimal effort but full of flavor!
- 6-8 whole Jalapeños, halved and de-seeded.
- 2 tablespoons Sour Cream.
- 8 oz Cream Cheese.
- 1 lb Ground Hot Sausage.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease.
- In a medium skillet brown sausage. Drain excess fat.
- In a medium bowl mix Sour Cream, Cream Cheese, Sausage, and Salt & Pepper.
- Spoon mixture in Jalapeno halves until stuffed full. Place on baking sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes or until peppers are softened.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Click the “Follow” button in the lower right hand corner of this page to receive updates on my recipes!
Also don’t forget to follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Like me on Facebook!