One of my favorite cuts of chicken is the thigh. Just like the breast you can do so much with it. I like to buy bone-in skin-on chicken thighs. They are pretty cheap but one of the tastiest parts! I usually add bbq sauce and make bbq chicken thighs but, this week I wanted to try to some different flavors. These turned out so good! The skin is so crispy when you cut into it you can hear the crunch! The meat inside is juicy and tender and taste great with the seasoning I used. So if you need a simple dish that taste great this is for you!
- 4 Bone-in Skin-on Chicken Thighs
- 3 Large Sweet Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chipotle Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Celery Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons Mayo
- 1-2 Tablespoons Sriracha
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish and a large baking sheet, set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together Italian seasoning, salt & pepper, garlic powder, chipotle powder, celery salt, dry mustard, onion powder, and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with a generous amount of seasoning. Place chicken skin side up in the 9×13 baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and dice sweet potatoes. Lay diced sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt & pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Once chicken has been cooking for 20 minutes add sweet potatoes to the oven. Continue cooking chicken and sweet potatoes for 20 more minutes.
- After cooking chicken 35 minutes turn oven broiler on LOW (keep sweet potatoes in oven to continue cooking as well) and broil for 5-7 minutes or until chicken skin is blackened and crispy. Remove chicken and let sit for 5 minutes. Continue cooking sweet potatoes under broil until fork tender.
- In a small bowl add mayo and Sriracha together and mix until well combined.
- Place chicken and sweet potatoes on a plate, and drizzle Sriracha sauce over warm sweet potatoes.
Don’t forget to click ‘Follow’ in the lower right hand corner of this page to receive updates on my recipes!
Also, follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and ‘Like’ me on Facebook!