It’s been a busy day in the kitchen today! I spent all day cooking up some new recipes. I didn’t know which to post first so, I did a poll on twitter (if you don’t follow me yet click here). Well, you voted and so today’s recipe is Jalapeno Popper Wonton Cups. It’s a quick and easy recipe (as are all my recipes) and more importantly, they are delicious! These are perfect for a party or appetizer. This is a recipe for 12 wonton cups, if making for a party, I would double the recipe.
- 24 Wonton Wraps
- 8 oz. Cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4-5 chopped jalapenos (remove seeds to lessen the spice level)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray. Place 2 wonton wraps in each muffin cup.
- Bake empty wonton wraps for 5-6 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapenos, and seasoning. Spoon mixture into wonton wraps and top with more shredded cheese.
- Bake for an addition 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool, serve and enjoy!