Happy Wednesday! Last night I made stuffed peppers and instead of making the same ones I usually make (see previous recipe if curious) I added more ingredients for some extra flavor. Boy, am I glad I did that. They turned out so good! And so easy. I made two different kinds. One stuffed with meat for the meat eaters and a vegetarian option. Tag me in your photos on social media @blushandbasil if you make any of my recipes! 😊
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 4 cups cooked corn
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- Taco seasoning
- Zucchini, chopped (for vegetarian option)
- 1 lb ground turkey (for meat eaters)
- 6 bell peppers rinsed, deseeded, and top cut off
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, lightly spray a 8×8 square pan. Place bell peppers in pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan cook ground turkey, add taco seasoning. In the meantime in a small saucepan cook zucchini 5-6 minutes (undercooked slightly, it will continue to cook in the oven) add taco seasoning to zucchini. Once both are cooked at half corn, black beans, and rice to each sauce pan (if making both).
- Stuff peppers until full and sprinkle too with cheese. Place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to follow me on twitter, Instagram, and Facebook!
One Comment Add yours
Awesome! This looks ammmmaaazzzeeeinnggg! 🙂