It’s time to have some fun with your food! Get in the Halloween spirit and make your lunch spooky. Or just super cute. Take a break from your Hocus Pocus or Halloweentown marathons and make these easy Halloween themed lunch recipes! Patricia Heaton inspired me! Who doesn’t love a grilled cheese sandwich?! But, these aren’t normal grilled cheeses, these have 3 different cheeses to add more flavor! And what pairs better with a grilled cheese than classic tomato soup?! Now that it’s chilly outside soup is good all the time! Have fun and Enjoy 🙂
Tomato Soup Ingredients:
- (1) 32 oz container of Chicken Stock or Broth
- (1) 28 oz can of Italian seasoned Crushed Tomatoes
- (1) cup of heavy cream
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- (1) Tablespoon of Italian Seasoning
- (1) teaspoon of Garlic Powder
Grilled Cheese Ingredients:
- 6 Pieces of Texas Toast Bread (I made three sandwiches, you can make however many you need)
- (1) cup of shredded Mozzarella Cheese (about 1 handful)
- (1) Cup grated Parmesan Cheese (about 1 handful)
- (1) Cup shredded Pepper Jack Cheese (about 1 handful)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat combine broth and tomatoes.
- When soup comes to a boil stir in heavy cream and seasoning. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl mix all cheeses together.
- Place all bread pieces on aluminum foil lined baking sheet and use a basting brush to brush melted butter on both sides of bread.
- Place handfuls of cheese on 3 of the 6 pieces (or however many you are making).
- Top with remaining bread pieces and place in oven for 7 minutes.
- Flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Cut sandwiches into tombstone shapes and use ketchup to write R.I.P!
- Serve and Enjoy! 🙂
Click the “Follow” button in the lower right hand corner of this page to get updates on all our posts!