A quick and healthy recipe that I love making is stuffed peppers. I use ground turkey with corn and black beans! It’s so simple and perfect for a week night dinner. It takes about 30-40 minutes total. Which isn’t very long for something that tastes this good!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- (1) 15 oz can black beans, rinsed
- (1) 15 oz package of frozen corn
- (1) package taco seasoning (or you may make your own if you have all the spices)
- (3) bell peppers (I use red, yellow and orange but you may use any color you like)
- Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut bell peppers in half and dispose of all seed then rinse. Put on baking sheet and drizzle olive oil on peppers. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly softened.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan brown ground turkey.
- Add taco seasoning and 3/4 cup water. Simmer until thickened.
- Add black beans and corn and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Take bell peppers out of the oven and stuff with meat and vegetable mixture. Sprinkle top with cheese and cook in oven 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let cool before serving.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Don’t forget to click the “Follow” button in the lower right hand corner of this page.
And follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and ‘Like us’ Facebook!
One Comment Add yours
This looks delicious! I would make it vegetarian by adding quinoa, salsa, and lots of avocado. 🙂