We recently had a BBQ with some friends and I decided to try to make something different for dessert. Instead of making the typical cheesecake where everyone gets a slice, I wanted to make something easier to eat while at the bbq. I decided to make some cheesecake bars and added some extra flavors with some blueberries and lemon zest! They were delicious! And the best part is they are no bake. So I made them while prepping the other food and let them sit in the fridge while we all ate! The bars were perfect for everyone to grab a bar while talking and walking. 🙂
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- (2) 8oz packages of Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 12 tablespoons of butter, melted
- (2) packages of Graham Crackers
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries, washed
- the zest of 1 lemon
- In a gallon ziplock bag add graham crackers and crushed using a rolling pin or hammer. Once the graham crackers are crumbs add the melted butter and mix until well combined.
- In a 9 x 13in baking dish press graham crackers flat to create the crust. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, using a mixer beat cream cheese and smooth. Add sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice and mix again until well combined. Spoon mixture into crust. Sprinkle blueberries and lemon zest on top. Refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Click the “Follow” button in the lower right hand corner of this page to receive updates on my recipes!
Also, Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Like me on Facebook! 😉