Happy Sunday! It’s beautiful out today! I went to target this morning to check out the new collection by Chip & Joanna Gaines. It was hard to control myself, but I ended up leaving with just a few things.
The weather is starting to get a little colder, I’m sure it will be back in the 80’s in a few days. So today, before it warms up again, I made a veggie soup with garlic butter crostinis to top. The crostini added a nice texture to the soup. It’s a very simple recipe with a lot of flavor.
- 5 russet potatoes, diced
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped (half for soup and half for crostini)
- (2) 32 oz Vegetable broth
- 2 cans white beans
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 3 cups kale
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 loaf of French bread
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons onion powder
- 6 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large cooking pot, over medium high heat add 2 tablespoons olive oil and onions. Cook 3-5 minutes and add 2 tablespoons garlic. Cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add broth, potatoes, seasoning, beans, and zucchini. Bring to a boil, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut bread into desired size. Melt butter and add 3 tablespoons of chopped garlic as well as 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning, mix until well combined. Place bread on a cooking sheet and brush butter onto bread and place into oven. Broil 5 minutes and then flip and brush butter mixture onto the other side. Broil for an addition 5-7 or until golden brown.
- Add kale to soup and cook an additional 5-10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve soup and top with crostini.
Click the “follow” button in the lower right hand corner to revive updates on my posts.
Also, don’t forget to follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!