Today’s recipe focuses on healthy snacks! This is a good recipe to prep for your snacks throughout the week OR for a healthy veggie plate at a party! It’s the easiest recipe and only takes about 10 minutes to make. Chickpeas are a very nutritious food that can have many health benefits if incorporated in a balanced diet. They are rich in plant-based protein, can help support blood sugar control, benefit digestion, and even help control hunger!
- 1 can chickpeas (or garbanzo beans as they are the same)
- 4 tablespoons Tahini sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili paste (optional if you want to add some heat)
- Olive oil
- Vegetables (I went with red peppers, carrots, and broccoli)
- Paprika to top
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas until throughly washed.
- Place chickpeas and garlic in a food processor and mix until well blended.
- Add tahini, salt, pepper, and chili paste. Blend again. While blending drizzle in olive oil until it is your desired consistency.
- Spoon into a bowl, top with salt, pepper, paprika, and olive oil.
- Serve with veggies or crackers!
Click the “follow” button in the lower right hand corner of this page to receive updates on my posts!
And don’t forget to follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook!